Rachel O’Neill – Seduction: Men, Masculinity and Mediated Intimacy
Within the so-called seduction community, the ability to meet and attract women is understood as a skill which heterosexual men can cultivate through practical training and personal development. Though it has been an object of media speculation – and frequent sensationalism – for over a decade, this cultural formation remains poorly understood.
In the first book-length study of the industry, Rachel O’Neill takes us into the world of seduction seminars, training events, instructional guidebooks and video tutorials. Pushing past established understandings of ‘pickup artists’ as pathetic, pathological or perverse, she examines what makes seduction so compelling for those drawn to participate in this sphere.
Seduction vividly portrays how the twin rationalities of neoliberalism and postfeminism are reorganising contemporary intimate life, as labour-intensive and profit-orientated modes of sociality consume other forms of being and relating. It is essential reading for students and scholars of gender, sexuality, sociology and cultural studies, as well as anyone who wants to understand the seduction industry’s overarching logics and internal workings.
About Rachel O’Neill
Dr Rachel O’Neill is on research leave during Michaelmas Term 2022.
Dr Rachel O’Neill is Assistant Professor in the Department of Media and Communications at LSE.
Dr O’Neill is a feminist media and cultural studies scholar specialising in gender and sexuality. Her research centers questions of subjectivity and inequality, primarily in the contemporary UK context but with attention to transnational circulations of culture and capital. She is the author of Seduction: Men, Masculinity and Mediated Intimacy, published by Polity in 2018. Her work has appeared in journals including Feminist Theory, Television and New Media, and European Journal of Cultural Studies.
Prior to joining the Department, Dr O’Neill was a Research Fellow in Sociology at the University of Warwick. She received her PhD in Gender and Cultural Studies from King’s College London.
gender and sexuality; media and cultural studies; ethnography; qualitative methods; feminist theory
More courses from the same author: Rachel O’Neill
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to DatingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your DatingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
- See more 60 Years of Challenge courses
- See more Adam Armstrong courses
- See more Adam Gilad courses
- See more Adam Lyons courses
- See more Arash Dibazar courses
- See more Bobby Rio courses
- See more Carlos Xuma courses
- See more David Deangelo courses
- See more David Shade courses
- See more David Snyder courses
- See more David Tian courses
- See more David Wygant courses
- See more Dean Cortez courses
- See more Derek Rake courses
- See more FortWorthPlayboy courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more Helena Nista courses
- See more James Marshall courses
- See more Jason Capital courses
- See more Jean Marie Corda courses
- See more Joe Lampton courses
- See more Jon Sinn courses
- See more Lloyd Lester courses
- See more Love Systems courses
- See more Marisa Peer courses
- See more Matt Cook courses
- See more Matt Granger courses
- See more Nick Krauser courses
- See more Pleasure Mechanics courses
- See more Ross Jeffries courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more The Modern Man courses
- See more Tom Torero courses
There are no reviews yet.