William Isaac Thomas – Sex and Society Studies in the Social Psychology of Sex
Description Of Sex and Society Studies in the Social Psychology of Sex
This book consists of republished essays and its reissue in book form is fully justified by the thread of connection which runs through the whole in the idea that many features of human society are to be explained by a fundamental difference in the constitution of men and women, a difference of which the most summary expression is that man is more motor and woman more stationary. The most important parts of the book are those dealing with the influence of this difference on forms of social organisation, and the author refers the origin of exogamy and the wide prevalence of matrilineal descent to the greater restlessness of man and the more stationary habits of woman.
The author’s treatment raises many interesting questions as to the part which psychological explanations are to play in primitive sociology, and the factors discussed by him must be taken into account by sociologists, though it is very doubtful whether they alone can have brought into existence the institutions of exogamy and mother-right.
It must be mentioned that Professor Thomas is not quite up-to-date in his knowledge of the work of English anthropologists, and he quotes from the older work of Crawley, Haddon, and Howitt instead of from their most recent works, sometimes with unsatisfactory results. Thus he ascribes the practice of elopement among the Kurnai to the appropriation of the women by the older men, while Howitt in his latest work refers the custom to the extensive restrictions on marriage dependent on kinship, &c. Again, in discussing the evidence for the prevalence of wife-capture, the author refers the supposed survivals to the natural coyness of the female and does not mention the important views developed by Mr. Crawley in The Mystic Rose.
More courses from the same author: William Isaac Thomas
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to DatingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your DatingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
- See more 60 Years of Challenge courses
- See more Adam Armstrong courses
- See more Adam Gilad courses
- See more Adam Lyons courses
- See more Arash Dibazar courses
- See more Bobby Rio courses
- See more Carlos Xuma courses
- See more David Deangelo courses
- See more David Shade courses
- See more David Snyder courses
- See more David Tian courses
- See more David Wygant courses
- See more Dean Cortez courses
- See more Derek Rake courses
- See more FortWorthPlayboy courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more Helena Nista courses
- See more James Marshall courses
- See more Jason Capital courses
- See more Jean Marie Corda courses
- See more Joe Lampton courses
- See more Jon Sinn courses
- See more Lloyd Lester courses
- See more Love Systems courses
- See more Marisa Peer courses
- See more Matt Cook courses
- See more Matt Granger courses
- See more Nick Krauser courses
- See more Pleasure Mechanics courses
- See more Ross Jeffries courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more The Modern Man courses
- See more Tom Torero courses
There are no reviews yet.