Ian Kerner – Sex Therapy for the 21st Century
Description Of Sex Therapy for the 21st Century
Effective sex therapy goes beyond what happens in the consulting room and requires behavioral interventions that clients can work on between sessions. Although “homework” is a regular part of sex therapy, clinicians’ standard packages of exercises are often woefully incomplete and outdated. While our understanding of sexuality has evolved considerably since the work of Masters and Johnson, many therapists still commonly assign homework that originated with them. This recording takes sex-therapy interventions into the 21st century.
- Discover the latest science of sexual desire, including the distinction between spontaneous vs. responsive desire, and the dual-control model.
- Discover how to intervene with a client’s lack of desire, or a couple’s desire discrepancy, by using “willingness windows,” core erotic theme development, and sex-script expansion.
- Discover innovations for addressing a client’s erectile disorder, premature or delayed ejaculation, inhibited arousal, and sexual-pain and orgasm issues.
- Discover how to use the data and feedback from client homework to enhance your treatment outcomes.
The latest science of sexual desire
- Understanding spontaneous vs. responsive desire, and the dual-control model of human sexuality
- Interventions that draw on willingness and the generation of subjective arousal
The latest innovations in addressing common sexual problems such as erectile disorder, premature or delayed ejaculation, inhibited arousal, and sexual pain and orgasm issues
- Using combination therapy to take a bio-psychosocial-interpersonal approach
- How to conduct a sexual history/sex script analysis
The art of crafting the sex therapy homework assignment
- Using a constructive model to create a framework
- Working with the diagnostic data on an ongoing basis; working with erotic counter-transference
- Addiction Counselors
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Behavioral Health Professionals
About Ian Kerner
Ian Kerner, Ph.D., LMFT, is a licensed psychotherapist and nationally recognized sexuality counselor who specializes in sex therapy and couples therapy. He’s a New York Times best-selling author of multiple books, including She Comes First and Passionista.
Financial: Ian Kerner maintains a private practice. He is co-director at the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy. Dr. Kerner is an author for Harper Collins; and Simon & Schuster and receives royalties. He has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations.
Non-financial: Ian Kerner is a member of the American Association of Sexuality Therapists, Counselors and Educators (AASECT); the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT); and the Society for Sex Therapy and Research (SSTAR).
More courses from the same author: Ian Kerner
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to DatingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your DatingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
- See more 60 Years of Challenge courses
- See more Adam Armstrong courses
- See more Adam Gilad courses
- See more Adam Lyons courses
- See more Arash Dibazar courses
- See more Bobby Rio courses
- See more Carlos Xuma courses
- See more David Deangelo courses
- See more David Shade courses
- See more David Snyder courses
- See more David Tian courses
- See more David Wygant courses
- See more Dean Cortez courses
- See more Derek Rake courses
- See more FortWorthPlayboy courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more Helena Nista courses
- See more James Marshall courses
- See more Jason Capital courses
- See more Jean Marie Corda courses
- See more Joe Lampton courses
- See more Jon Sinn courses
- See more Lloyd Lester courses
- See more Love Systems courses
- See more Marisa Peer courses
- See more Matt Cook courses
- See more Matt Granger courses
- See more Nick Krauser courses
- See more Pleasure Mechanics courses
- See more Ross Jeffries courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more The Modern Man courses
- See more Tom Torero courses
There are no reviews yet.