Barry McCarthy & Tammy Nelson – Sex Made Simple: Navigating the Intimate Issues
Description of Sex Made Simple: Navigating the Intimate Issues
Do you freeze up when your clients bring up conversations about:
- low sexual desire
- extra-marital affairs
- misuse of porn
- anxiety about not having the right kind of orgasm
- how to heal from sexual trauma
Clients consistently report they wish they could have raised sexual concerns in therapy. These discussions are uncomfortable for both therapists and clients alike!
With this new online course you will learn to feel confident with open sexual discussions, providing psychological, biological, and relational sexual information, and utilizing psychosexual strategies and techniques to resolve sexual problems. You will also determine how to steer through your own values and beliefs while maintaining an open mind for the sexual issues in therapy and the often edgy erotic behavior people engage in today.
What you’ll learn in Sex Made Simple: Navigating the Intimate Issues
[Module 1] Sex Made Simple: Clinical Strategies for Sexual Issues in Therapy
Rather than avoiding or downplaying sexual issues, you will gain confidence in addressing the range of sexual problems which affect over 50% of your individual and couple clients. Whether 26 or 76, single or married, straight or gay, sexuality should play a positive role in their life and relationship. This video introduces a pro-sexuality model and explores the new sexual mantra of desire, pleasure, eroticism and satisfaction.
- Strategies to resolve sexual secrets: Affairs, pornography, fetishes and more
- Deal with the impact of sexual trauma in healthy relationships
- Help couples who are sexless, are sexually dissatisfied or struggling with good sex in their relationships
- Overcome your discomfort assessing and treating sexual issues
- Help for the client who says, “I love my spouse but I am not in love with them”
[Module 2] Sexual Comfort Zone: Expanding Your Clients Values & Beliefs
Working with sexual issues in therapy and the often edgy erotic behavior people engage in today can challenge a therapist’s own values and deeply held beliefs. As an introduction to sex therapy, this workshop will include videos, demonstrations, and small-group discussion around sexual practice, providing essential training to help therapists face their own preconceived notions and countertransference issues around eroticism and intimacy.
- Recognize your own sex-related stereotypes, resistance, guilt, and shame
- Research about alternative sexual practices, open monogamy, fetishes and a range of other behaviors
- Characterize responses and any vicarious trauma that may be triggered by issues around pornography, sexual exploitation, and other erotic practices
- Maximize your ability to communicate about sexual issues
- Explain how to help therapists face their own preconceived notions and countertransference issues around eroticism and intimacy.
About Barry McCarthy & Tammy Nelson
About Barry McCarthy
Barry McCarthy, Ph.D., ABPP, is a board certified clinical psychologist (ABPP), certified marital and sex therapist, and a tenured professor of psychology at American University. Barry received the Masters and Johnson award for lifetime contributions to the sexuality field from the Society for Sex Therapy and Research in April, 2016. He is a Diplomate in sex therapy earning this from the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists.
As a leading expert in this field, Dr. McCarthy has presented over 350 workshops around the world, and his extensive list of publications includes over 100 professional articles, 26 book chapters, and co-authorship of 14 books, including Sex Made Simple, Therapy with Men after Sixty, Rekindling Desire (2nd edition), Sexual Awareness (5th edition), Enduring Desire, Discovering Your Couple Sexual Style, Men’s Sexual Health, Coping with Erectile Dysfunction, Getting It Right the First Time, and Coping with Premature Ejaculation.
About Tammy Nelson
Tammy Nelson, Ph.D., is a licensed psychotherapist in private practice, a relationship expert and international speaker, an author, a faculty member and teacher with a Doctorate in Philosophy in Clinical Sexology. She is a Board Certified Sexologist, a Diplomate of the American Board of Sexologists, a Licensed Professional Counselor, an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, a Registered Art Therapist, a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist and an Advanced Imago Clinician.
Dr. Tammy is the author of several books including, The New Monogamy; Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity (2013), Getting the Sex You Want: Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together (2008) and What’s Eating You?: A Workbook for Anorexia and Bulimia (2004). She is the author of Six Weeks to Desire (2013) eBook, as well as several chapters of edited compilations and articles in professional journals. Dr. Nelson has been a featured expert in NY Times, Washington Post, Redbook, MSNBC, Shape, Men’s Health, Woman’s Day, Women’s Health, Self, Glamour Magazine, Cosmopolitan, and a source in Time magazine. She writes for HuffingtonPost, YourTango, and Psychotherapy Networker, as well as her own popular blog www.drtammynelson.com/blog/
More courses from the same author: Barry McCarthy, Tammy Nelson
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to DatingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your DatingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
- See more 60 Years of Challenge courses
- See more Adam Armstrong courses
- See more Adam Gilad courses
- See more Adam Lyons courses
- See more Arash Dibazar courses
- See more Bobby Rio courses
- See more Carlos Xuma courses
- See more David Deangelo courses
- See more David Shade courses
- See more David Snyder courses
- See more David Tian courses
- See more David Wygant courses
- See more Dean Cortez courses
- See more Derek Rake courses
- See more FortWorthPlayboy courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more Helena Nista courses
- See more James Marshall courses
- See more Jason Capital courses
- See more Jean Marie Corda courses
- See more Joe Lampton courses
- See more Jon Sinn courses
- See more Lloyd Lester courses
- See more Love Systems courses
- See more Marisa Peer courses
- See more Matt Cook courses
- See more Matt Granger courses
- See more Nick Krauser courses
- See more Pleasure Mechanics courses
- See more Ross Jeffries courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more The Modern Man courses
- See more Tom Torero courses
There are no reviews yet.