Description Of Taking Sexy Back
In today’s fraught romantic and sexual landscape, women are taught to view sexiness as a status to be earned, an indicator that society has deemed them conventionally attractive enough and that they’ve successfully walked the razor’s edge between being labeled a “prude” and a “slut.”
But therapists can help clients develop a more evolved kind of sexual self-awareness.
This recording explores how women can move from an “outside-in” to an “inside-out” construction of sexuality, not dependent on how they measure up in the gaze of others, and how men can be enlisted as allies in this process.
What you’ll learn in Taking Sexy Back
- Identify several ways in which therapists can help female clients create a more expansive view of their sexual selves.
- Examine the ways in which societal sexual standards punish women for their failure to conform for the purposes of psychoeducation.
- Point out several conditions that typically accompany a negative self-image to inform the clinician’s choice of treatment interventions.
- Illustrate how female clients might enlist the help of male allies in becoming more sex-positive.
- Relational Self-Awareness
- Me Too
- Toxic Masculinity
- Sexual Desire
Declaration vs. Reclamation
- The Impact of Trauma
- Reforming Sex-Education
- Purity Culture
- Bodily Autonomy
- Feedback Loop
- Reframing Male Sexuality as Non-Predatory
- Sex as an Open-Ended, Ongoing Personal Project
- The Evolution of Sexual Identity
- Personal vs. Relational Empowerment
Sexual Self-Awareness Through Different Lenses
- Addiction Counselors
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Behavioral Health Professionals
About Alexandra Solomon, PhD
Alexandra H. Solomon, PhD, is staff clinical psychologist, member of the teaching faculty in the marriage and family therapy graduate program, and clinical assistant professor of psychology at The Family Institute at Northwestern University. In addition to her clinical work with couples and individuals, Solomon teaches graduate and undergraduate students. One of her courses is Northwestern University’s internationally renowned “Building Loving and Lasting Relationships: Marriage 101,” which combines traditional and experiential learning to educate students about key relational issues like intimacy, sex, conflict, acceptance, and forgiveness.
Solomon’s work has been widely cited, and her articles on love and marriage have appeared in The Handbook of Clinical Psychology, The Handbook of Couple Therapy, Family Process, Psychotherapy Networker, and other top publications in psychology. Her work also appears in O Magazine and The Huffington Post, and she is a frequent interviewee and contributor for the Oprah Winfrey Network, Yahoo! Health, The Atlantic, CBS Early Show, NPR, Psychology Today, and WGN Morning News. She is a sought-after speaker for corporate, collegiate, and professional audiences on topics related to modern love. Solomon lives in Highland Park, IL, with her husband, Todd, and their two children, Brian and Courtney.
Financial: Dr. Alexandra Solomon is a published author and receives royalties. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. She is a practicing clinical psychologist and is an instructor at Northwestern University. She has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations.
Non-financial: Dr. Alexandra Solomon is a thought leader for Heleo, a founding expert for the Mine’d app, and an ambassador for The Relationship School. She a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the American Association for Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT).
More courses from the same author: Alexandra Solomon
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to DatingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your DatingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
- See more 60 Years of Challenge courses
- See more Adam Armstrong courses
- See more Adam Gilad courses
- See more Adam Lyons courses
- See more Arash Dibazar courses
- See more Bobby Rio courses
- See more Carlos Xuma courses
- See more David Deangelo courses
- See more David Shade courses
- See more David Snyder courses
- See more David Tian courses
- See more David Wygant courses
- See more Dean Cortez courses
- See more Derek Rake courses
- See more FortWorthPlayboy courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more Helena Nista courses
- See more James Marshall courses
- See more Jason Capital courses
- See more Jean Marie Corda courses
- See more Joe Lampton courses
- See more Jon Sinn courses
- See more Lloyd Lester courses
- See more Love Systems courses
- See more Marisa Peer courses
- See more Matt Cook courses
- See more Matt Granger courses
- See more Nick Krauser courses
- See more Pleasure Mechanics courses
- See more Ross Jeffries courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more The Modern Man courses
- See more Tom Torero courses